We are excited to announce to you all that we are starting a Scouts Troop (كشاف) here in our church. The main objectives of the Church Scouts are: teaching parishioners how to serve God and their church community, as well as to understand and appreciate the values and traditions of our church and heritage. The Scouts are for people of all ages, youth and adults.Here are some examples of activities in the church scouts. We are open to any ideas to help build the group and make it a success.
- Leading the Palm Sunday and the Holy Week processions, and other church festivities. These will have a marching band, color guards, flag bearers, and other positions. (All musical instruments will be supplied by the church)
- Church services
- Church retreats (both day-long and overnight)
- Basic Skills, Wilderness Survival, and Camping Trips
- Community Service Opportunities
- Cultural lessons: Arabic language, dancing, history, cooking, etc.